No More Robotic Life! Start Freelancing


No More Robotic Life! Start Freelancing



I left my job 3 years back and I believe freelancing taught me to be patient, independent, self-decision maker and self-learner. I have been my own motivation throughout my career. Big thanks to the failures I faced without any support. I love freelancing, yes there will be ups and downs but don't give up. 

 "I never wanted to live my life like a Robot." 
- Poorvi Tiwari

I know how stressful life it is with the long working hours of job, no job satisfaction, health issues, no growth, No hike in salary, work politics, and most importantly you don't give proper attention and time to your Health and your Family. Quite depressing!

Start selling your skills and earn a great income better than your 10 to 7 regular job. You can expect fast growth and income only if you give 100% focus and dedication to your portfolio. Acquire new skills and certifications and show your expertise to your prospective clients.

To begin with freelancing you need to have a strong portfolio, dedication, Strong English communication skills, patience, and commitment.




You can join some popular freelance platforms such as Upwork, Guru, People Per Hour and Fiverr. I strongly suggest Upwork.com and Peopleperhour.com which is the most popular and trusted platform for Freelancers. 

You can check out my People Per Hour Profile 



About Me:

My name is Poorvi Tiwari, brought up in New Delhi.

I am a Tech-savvy professional, Graduated as Bachelor's of Computer Application, NIIT Certified in Database and Windows Application Development,  Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and did my Masters in Business Administration from New Delhi.


I have worked with an IT company as Executive Google Ads Approvals, Telecom Sector as a Sales and Back end expert, Finance Company as an Associate Sales (MIS Excel Reports) and Marketing Company as a Digital Marketing Expert.


Digital Marketing- A Turning Point Of My Career 

Digital Marketing was a turning point in my career. I acquired skills such as SEO, Social Media Marketing and Management, Lead Generation, Online customer interaction, Web Research, Data Mining and basic knowledge of Wordpress and Graphic Design. I've attained a lot of experience and skills throughout my career starting from Sales to Digital Marketing.

I quit my job in 2017, got inspiration from my friends, researched tons of tutorial videos on Youtube and Google, finally I decided to join the Freelancing world. Initially, it was quite challenging, I waited for months to get a good project. I kept honing my skills and acquired a Certification in Online Advertising.

I started my Freelance career with Upwork as a Social Media Recruiter and Lead Generation. With the same project, I developed my interest in video animation for getting better engagements of social media posts. My hard work was recognized and paid. Gradually, I got so much exposure and knowledge. With a period of time, I got a promoted as a Team Manager, I have managed globally connected teams which was a boom to my career. 

I never expected this growth so early. I began developing my skills in whiteboard and 2D video animation. 

I would suggest if your proposals are not giving you a response, change your style. Don't bid too low or too high price.  If something is not working, change your technique, Not your goal. So, don't give up friends. It happens. Discover new skills on the internet and acquire certification. Stay updated. The stronger is the portfolio, the more jobs you will get.


7 Killer Freelancing Tips For Beginners

If you are planning to work as a Freelancer, There are few things to keep in mind listed below-

1. Strong Portfolio
First, choose your expertise and collect your work samples to show your clients. Create your profile with a catchy title that describes your skills, showcase your talent by adding your work samples and certifications.

Example: If you have good writing skills, take a snapshot of your blogs/articles that you have previously done and upload it to your profile.

2. Strong Communication Skills
You need to have a strong command over English as you will be communicating with overseas clients. Make sure you are proficient in English.

3. Patience is the Key
You set up your profile, doesn't mean you will immediately get invitations from the clients. You need to start bidding to the jobs that are relevant to your skills and experience. Wait for at least 1 week! If still, no response continue to bid for more projects.

4. Bid For Small Projects
It's wise to bid for small, low budgeted projects for beginners. After your project completion, the client will give star ratings and review. Once you receive good reviews, you will be visible everywhere. You will start getting invitations from clients. 

5. Bid For Projects That Match Your Skills
Many Freelancers straught away send a proposal just by looking at the high-value projects. Don't try to show clients that you can do any kind of work, try to understand the client's requirements. Bid only when you are 100% confident that you can do this job. Make sure you apply for projects that match your skills else you may get banned permanently from the site.

6. Detailed and Impressive Profile
Choose a catchy title that best describes your skills and service you will offer to your clients.

7. Never Use Logos Or Fake Profile Picture
A client first sees your profile in order to trust you, you need to upload your own clear profile picture and add all your certifications and experience to the portfolio section. Never use Logos and fake pictures.

If you find this blog useful, please share so that it reaches out to a wider audience.
Thank you.

Comments